What are the differences between the Property Solvers' 'conditional' and 'unconditional' auctions?
The main difference between a conditional and unconditional property auction comes down to how quickly the sale process is concluded.
Conditional Auction (56 Day Completion)
Also known as the Modern Method of Auction, as a buyer, you’ll have a longer timeframe to complete the sale.
After marketing a property and conducting viewings/open days, we will conduct the bidding process.
The bid is won once the virtual hammer falls.
There is then an allocated 4-week (28-day) exclusivity period for you to exchange contracts on the property.
It’s during this period that most buyers organise mortgage finance (a process that’s not usually possible with traditional auctions).
At this juncture, a non-refundable deposit is also instantly paid. You must exchange after the 28 day period or risk losing all of this deposit (plus abortive legal costs).
At the point of exchange, unless otherwise agreed in the Special Conditions of Sale, a 10% deposit is usually also paid into your conveyancer’s account (meaning that you will need to pay 90% of the price agreed upon completion).
There is then a further 4 weeks (28 days) for the sale to complete.
Unconditional Auction (28 Day Completion)
Similar to the 56-day auction, there will be a best bids process after the property has been marketed and viewed by potential bidders.
However, should you win the bid at the fall of the virtual hammer falls, you would have effectively exchanged contracts.
In addition to the non-refundable fee payable to Property Solvers, you would need to pay a minimum deposit of 10% to your conveyancer’s client account (unless otherwise agreed in the Special Conditions). The remainder 90% will be due upon completion.
You then have 28 days to complete on the sale. Failing to do so means that you will lose both deposits paid and incur other financial penalties set by your conveyancer.
Back to section | Back to top