We always stress the importance of examining all the possible options before exploring a quick sale of your property. More often than not, there is a very simple solution to what may seem like a complex issue. The flowchart below provides homeowners with a step-by-step checklist of the various stages worth running through.
Should you be absolutely certain about using fast sale company, further down are some essential steps to ensure a smooth transaction within your required timeframe.
Problems with Paying Your Mortgage
As mentioned in the flowchart, if you are in any form of financial difficulty related to your mortgage, please do not panic. We initially recommend direct communication with your lender. Also contacting one of the reputable debt advisory agencies (direct contact details are below):
- Citizens Advice Bureau – search online for information or enter your postcode / town in the orange box (“Find your local Citizens Advice”). A Google search (“Citizens Advice [Name of Town]” should also work;
- National Debt Line – 0808 808 4000
- National Business Debt Line – 0800 197 6026
- Debt Advice Foundation –0800 043 40 50
- The Money Charity – free online debt advice.
Please also read our series of posts on how to handle the repossession process:
- 1 Month in Mortgage Arrears – Stop House Repossession – Know Your Rights;
- 2 Months in Mortgage Arrears – Stop House Repossession – Know Your Rights;
- 3 Months in Mortgage Arrears – Stop House Repossession – Know Your Rights;
- How to Stop Repossession – Filling a N11M Form;
- How to Stop Repossession – Filling a N244 Form.