This property is to be offered for sale by PROPERTY SOLVERS ONLINE UNCONDITIONAL AUCTION (IMMEDIATE EXCHANGE WITH 42-DAY COMPLETION TIMEFRAME). Bidding opens on Thursday 27th January at 12:00 and closes on Wednesday 2nd February at 12:00 with a GUIDE PRICE of £249,000.
An excellent opportunity to acquire this substantial business property, situated roadside in a prime Lincolnshire location.
The site at Alford, Lincolnshire (LN13 9JN) has been trading for over 60 years as a Vauxhall Main Dealer – selling and repairing over 5000 cars a year – until Vauxhall consolidated its franchise structure moving dealerships into larger areas of population.
The site consists of the following:
- Large building suitable to be a showroom with built-in offices/reception area and stores
- A purpose-built 5 car body shop with an annexed paint oven and mixing room
- A two-bay workshop/MOT facility with a stock of Vauxhall tools
- A two-car valet bay with a separate heating system
- A concrete built wash bay with all the necessary draining and brick-built storage with electrics and water
- Outside toilet and sink
- Additional concrete covered storage space with double overhead doors
- Large forecourt area with main road frontage suitable for up to 15 cars
With most of the owner's family now having relocated to Australia, the owner has decided to retire leaving the site vacant.
This huge lot includes several buildings and a large forecourt on a substantial plot including:
- Garage previously used as a body repair center. Clean and tidy featuring: concrete flooring, alarm system, heating unit, double glazed windows, up and over garage door, strip lighting, mains sockets, office space. Connected to this building is a modern ventilated spray booth with lighting and bi-folding doors;
- Huge garage with 7 bays. Features include: modern bi-folding garage doors, heating unit, mains sockets, strip lighting, ceiling windows, running water, mezzanine space, separate workshop space;
- A 2 bay garage was previously used as an MOT center. Features include: 2 up and over modern garage doors, strip lighting, running water, mains sockets, office space, ceiling windows, concrete floor, floor pit, floor recess for ramps;
- Garage with 1 wooden sliding door featuring: strip lighting, heating unit, windows, concrete floor, side door;
- Single stand-alone garage with up and over doors to the front and side. Additionally, this property comes with substantial office space. Much of this space comes with double glazed windows, lighting, mains electricity, wood effect/carpeted flooring. There is also a kitchen space with running water and a sink unit.
The property is located to the North of the B1449 Thurlby Road and 2.8 miles (4.5 km) to the west of Alford. Sutton-on-Sea, Mablethorpe is 5.6 miles (9km) to the northeast, Skegness is approximately 11.2 miles (18 km) to the south-east, Burgh le Marsh is approximately 12.3 miles (19.8 km) to the south, Spilsby is approximately 11.4 miles (18.3 km) to the south-west, Horncastle is approximately 17.1 miles (27.5km) to the west and Louth is approximately 16.7 miles (26.8 km) to the north-west. There are also a number of smaller towns and villages close by.
Our enquiry line is open 24/7 and we're happy to answer any questions.
Auction terms + conditions, AML requirements and fees are available on our website [Google: Property Solvers > Property Auctions (in navigation) > Auction Property for Sale (drop-down)].
The legal pack will be uploaded in good time prior to the auction bidding process.
Property Solvers Online Auctions will be running open mornings/afternoons and independent viewings (where required).
All viewers must observe our COVID-19 Viewing Policy (available on the listing).
Please be aware that if your bid is successful on auction day, the exchange of contracts will happen immediately after the Auction. A 10% deposit will be required. Completion will be set for 6 weeks (42 days) after this date.
As part of the Property Solvers Online Auction process, bidders will be required to register online and provide proof of ID documents (passport and photo driving license). For a full list of requirements please see the legal pack documents.
A 2% + VAT (non-refundable) fee plus a £125 + VAT processing fee will be due from the winning bidder.